[HECnet] VAX/VMS 1.50

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Apr 9 03:33:22 PDT 2013

On 8 Apr 2013, at 22:31, "Gregg Levine" <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 04/08/2013 10:13 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
Hmmm. I know of just such a (young to me) lady.

You know Stacy Smith?

However regarding
those boxes, no, but there's an UltraSPARC 5 and its keyboard that's
been trying to find a box with my address on it for a while now.

Nope, no Ultra5s.   They suck; I steer clear of them.   I have nicer hardware
set aside for you.

This might explain those twelve unmentionables hanging around your
place. They are bookmarks.

Is that why they're flat??

Hello!
And why do Ultra5s do that to you? Mine has been working rather well
as a webserver for a good many years. The only problem is that the
copper (phone lines) along the East Coast is in such poor shape so my
service provider can not arrange for either faster speeds or a static
IP address and a regular DSL line to support it. That's why (s)he's
been behaving like a grouch for the past few months.

However Corey there's your answer as to how I was able to retrieve
everything faster last week.

It turns out the file also wasn't 14M and that du -h lied to me...

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com