[HECnet] Building SIMH (any version after the networking arrived)

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 18:43:06 PDT 2013

Hello!
I'm trying to get the release from the GIT storage point to build
properly, that is with networking enabled on my Raspberry Pi. Oddly
enough when I spent an annoying several hours earlier this month
getting the creation from 7/26/2013 to be installed correctly, one
thing I didn't install was the library behind the tcpdump program.
With that installed I thought it would be enough to dynamically enable
networking. It wasn't. The build process constantly insists it is
doing so without networking enabled, and that I need to read the
enclosed document on that method. I did. It told me exactly what to
do, then what to do when running things, and so on.

Before I try and ruffle a few feathers on the regular SIMH list I was
wondering if anyone in here has any suggestions.

No I don't have any specific idea, its just something else for the
device to do. Especially since the release in the GIT arrangement
contains methods for talking to an external serial console.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com