[HECnet] VT320 issues

G ran hling ahling at eadc.se
Fri Dec 27 15:45:24 PST 2013

On 2013-12-25 03:36, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 12/24/2013 09:35 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I have had a whole bunch of VT320 give up on me over the years. It's
always been the flyback... I think there might even be some info on the
net about it. And I think I've heard of people locating a source for new
flybacks.

      Oh really?   That would be great...I have at least two with dead flybacks.

*Heard of*. I have not ever fixed any myself. I'm running on VT525
nowadays. Also have some VT420, VT510 and VT520...

At least you don't have to worry too much about the VT525. Almost any VGA
monitor could be used with its base unit.

Yup. Really nice design there. Have LCD monitors for them.
Well, I have got one also. When I had it connected to a "generic" LCD, I didn't enjoy the font...
When I , for testing purpouse, was writing a full line of $-signs, I found out what was the problem;I got a cyclic pattern like
The horizontal adjustment of resolution vs. speed rendered this problem that made alla characters to lose some column of dots at some places of the screen, but not at other...

I nowdays have this excellent terminal connected to a traditional "Trinitron" fat screen, where it comes to its best!

A bit more difficult to locate good keyboards, though. Have plenty of LK201 and similar, but the LK401 (or was it LK421?) are a bit more scarce.

I did buy one new produced keyboard made by the company that aquired production equipement when DEC stoped its production (that really never was "in-house"). Works fine and has prpoer key-layout.

I might be able to find links etc at the bottom of my mail-box if you can't get   Google to find the source...
Johnny

G  ran SM6NNC