[HECnet] VT320 issues

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Dec 25 09:26:38 PST 2013

On 2013-12-25 17:22, Brian Hechinger wrote:
I've been lamenting the fact that I don't currently have a nice terminal. A vt525 really looks like an outstanding option. I should look into that.

In that case I cen definitely recommend the VT525.

What does the lk4xx get you that the lk2xx don't offer? I'm not that up on my dec keyboards anymore, sadly.

PS/2 connector. The VT500-series all have PS/2 connectors for the keyboard.
I think it's the LK421. The LK401 came with the VT420. It has a couple of new keys, but still have the modular plug. The LK421 looks the same as the LK401 but have a PS/2 connector instead.

The VT500-series can use any PC keyboard, but I prefer one with the proper key layout. :-)

	Johnny

-brian