[HECnet] Re: [DECtec] SAMPSACOM Wishes Fellow DECHEADS a Merry Xmas! Virtual machine giveaway..

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 01:11:25 PST 2013

Pretty cool.   What is the server based on, if I may ask?   Is it a particular commercial system or "home built"?

John H. Reinhardt

On 12/24/2013 3:41 AM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Guys,

I'm about to migrate all my stuff into a data centre with a symmetric 1 Gbps pipe and the server I'm hosting on is pretty chunky, 16 Xeons at 3 GHz and 64 GB of RAM.

Anyway, I'm happy to slice of off five or six VMs for people who need them with the following features:

	- Real static public IP address, with up to 12 port mappings (tcp/udp) from the outside
	- 100 GB disk
	- 1 Xeon CPU
	- 1.5 GB RAM
	- Full root access to your VM
	- SSH (pubkey auth only) account on the VM host
	- VNC access to the console via SSH

So if you have a project in mind that could use something like this, feel free to fire me a personal email (to sampsa at mac.com) and I'll probably roll out a VM for you (the migration will only happen mid-late Jan, but I can arrange slower speed access and control for those who want to get started early).

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +20 11 2150 2266