[HECnet] SAMPSACOM Wishes Fellow DECHEADS a Merry Xmas! Virtual machine giveaway..

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue Dec 24 06:40:01 PST 2013

I wouldn't mind one for the tunnel stuff and other projects. I think I'm going to let my OVH box go. The network performance they offer is terrible.

-brian

On Dec 24, 2013, at 3:41, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

Guys,

I'm about to migrate all my stuff into a data centre with a symmetric 1 Gbps pipe and the server I'm hosting on is pretty chunky, 16 Xeons at 3 GHz and 64 GB of RAM.

Anyway, I'm happy to slice of off five or six VMs for people who need them with the following features:

    - Real static public IP address, with up to 12 port mappings (tcp/udp) from the outside
    - 100 GB disk
    - 1 Xeon CPU
    - 1.5 GB RAM
    - Full root access to your VM
    - SSH (pubkey auth only) account on the VM host
    - VNC access to the console via SSH

So if you have a project in mind that could use something like this, feel free to fire me a personal email (to sampsa at mac.com) and I'll probably roll out a VM for you (the migration will only happen mid-late Jan, but I can arrange slower speed access and control for those who want to get started early).

sampsa       <sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +20 11 2150 2266