[HECnet] New node

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Feb 27 07:52:08 PST 2013

On 2013-02-27 15:58, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:
Al 27/02/13 09:42, En/na Dave McGuire ha escrit:
    I assume all of this is in the repository...Is there going to be a new
release soon?
Mark tagged the current HEAD as beta some weeks ago, but there is no
word about the release date yet. For what I'm seeing, there are no
serious bugs in the current master branch, at least in the VAX and
PDP-11 simulators. I have been using the testing versions for a time,
and they seem to be stable.

Looking forward to seeing how my NetBSD code works on that emulation.

Of course beware there could be obscure bugs... for instance we catched
one in the PDP-11 simulator which manifested itself JUST at the SAV /WB
command... The simulator worked fine thru the SYSGEN time... just to
render your disk unbootable after SAVing the new system image. :)

Was that an honest bug? There are some details and tricks around SAV which are not very well documented, and which can cause an unbootable system all on its own...