[HECnet] NOTES system?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Feb 25 13:43:59 PST 2013

the ANSI spec was started before the vt100 project.   I once had an mid ??1970's??? draft.   but iirc it took a couple of years to go from draft to final spec.

decent started the vt100 using the vt52 sequences but because it was based on a micro (8080 iirc) there was a push to write ANSI compliant firmware.   when ANSI was not finalized dec decided to put both modes in and ship.

again I've forgotten the details.   as I recall the vt100 does not do insert and delete properly.   again my memory is the first fully ANSI   conforming product was the Ann Arbor Terminals Ambassador   which was About 3 or 4 years post vt100 release.     Clem

we had a bunch to test with which is why I remember that detail.