[HECnet] VT100 or VT100 Emulation.

Brett Bump bbump at rsts.org
Mon Feb 25 12:27:09 PST 2013

Figure I'll move this to it's own thread instead of NOTES.

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On Feb 25, 2013, at 2:29 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

--
Cory Smelosky
Sent from a mobile device

On 2013-02-25 18:06, Clem Cole wrote:
check out http://www.iterm2.com

Would not recommend. It's perhaps a good terminal application, but not if you want something that is even a fair VT100 emulation.

The only good VT100 emulation is a real VT100. ;)

Or a VT2xx or later from DEC.   Those are really solid implementations, for one thing because there was an incredibly detailed spec spelling out formally what every escape sequence does.

	paul

If we are touting our favorite VT100 emulations from the past, my pick is
the Stanford SLAC VLT (Valiant Little Terminal) program for the Amiga.   I
really loved my DEC Terminals, but for those that could not afford a real
Tek terminal, an Amiga running VLT was all the rage.   Too bad someone has
never ported this to a unix system.

Brett