[HECnet] Galaxy questions

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Thu Feb 14 22:56:06 PST 2013

Yes, an ES40 can be configured as a Galaxy node.

In a Galaxy there are two (or more in bigger machines) "logical" nodes (Instances) which run separately, but can also share resources like CPUs so that the CPUs can be moved from each instance to the other.

You need a license called GALAXY, which is unfortunately not among the Hobbyist licenses.

Why don't you read the manual to get a picture about Galaxy and its functionality. It might be easier to discuss the matter then.
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/732FINAL/aa-rezqe-te/aa-rezqe-te.PDF

Kari