[HECnet] Galaxy questions

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Thu Feb 14 22:37:16 PST 2013

Any galaxy experts out there?   This concept is totally new to me, but it looks like my ES40 can be configured as a galaxy (it probably was - there's 2 of everything in there).   I'd like to experiment with setting it up (why? Because it's there).

Do I install a separate copy of VMS in each side?     Do I configure the two galaxy members to also be a cluster?

Thoughts and discussion are appreciated (remember, there's nothing 'practical' about any of this - I'm just interested in playing with all of the architectures)

Also, what license do I need for galaxy?

Ian

Sent from my iPad