[HECnet] BTW, Peter..

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 12 13:04:58 PST 2013

On 02/12/2013 03:50 PM, Brett Bump wrote:
I'm not sure what the routing issue are with *Comcast*, however Johnny is
right about them not having "some" access to the rest of the internet.   We
have been blocking email access FROM *Comast* for years because of all the
spam that comes off their network.   My last access edit for CMCS was:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 6958 Apr 20   2008 CMCS

# CMCS             Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
#------------^------------------v--------------------------------------#
24.126                                                   550 Spam not wanted (CMCS)
<snip>

I block 115 class B subnets from them (that's 7536640 IP addresses).

  Are you differentiating AT ALL between their consumer connections and
their business connections?   If not, that's a really bad idea.

  That said, my mail server handles about 100 users and 24 domains, most
of which are businesses.   It moves, on average, about 6500 messages per
day.   Not being able to email Peter directly is the first issue I've had
in a year and a half of having this connection.

  So, I am forced to ask: WTF?