[HECnet] BTW, Peter..

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 11 21:29:50 PST 2013

On 02/12/2013 05:56 AM, Peter Lothberg wrote:
"They're using sophisticated technology to degrade service, which
probably costs them a lot of money. It would be better to see them use
that money to improve service"

So why is anyone (Dave) buying their service?

  I'm buying their service because it's the best service I can get here.   (and it's significantly better than the best I could get in either Florida or DC, at least when I lived there)   And it's cheaper by about 30% than what I had in Florida, though that was not a consideration, as my connectivity is my livelihood.   As a bonus, for that 30% discount, I have more than twice the bandwidth and far, far better reliability. (I was on Sprint business class in Florida)

  I am 100% happy with Comcast Business.   They are a class act. (with the exception of that routing hole, which I will investigate!)   Please keep in mind that this is NOT the same organization, business model, or staff as the consumer-grade shared cable network service.   (There's fiber to the pole outside my building!)