[HECnet] NT 4 on AlphaServer es40

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Feb 11 13:03:58 PST 2013

On 11 Feb 2013, at 16:00, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 02/11/2013 03:52 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
That's frightening.   They stopped pushing it as a viable platform in
like 1994.   The last place I saw it deployed (not that there were many)
was gone by 1995.

I've heard NT performance wasn't that good on early alphas, so I see why. ;)

That wasn't why. ;)

Hmmm. ;)

It boots the kernel and loads the installer with all 4 processors and all 4G RAM, even!

I am TERRIFIED.

This should be comforting then: Keyboard was nonfunctional so I wasn't able to complete the install. ;)