PDP-10s, was Re: [HECnet] NT 4 on AlphaServer es40

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Mon Feb 11 20:21:34 PST 2013

On 02/11/2013 07:47 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
    A pair of KS10s. (you know the ones)

What did you plan to run?

  I haven't gotten that far yet...kinda moot with no disks. ;)

Is DECnet even possible if you run TOPS-20? I
seem to remember MRC mumbling at one time about him having hacked that,
but I'm not sure if it ever became officially supported or distributed.

Tops-10 might work with DECnet, but then I also wonder over which
interface, and if it do Phase IV...?

  I don't know, but I'm willing to do what I've gotta do...can run DDCMP
lines to another machine, etc.

Panda20 based on 5.x monitor runs tops20 on the KS, but no DECnet.. -:)