[HECnet] VS4000/90: Up and running!

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Sat Feb 9 13:31:11 PST 2013

El 08/02/2013, a les 23:14, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> va escriure:

Sigh. The misinformation that keeps spreading. The problem is for specific older VAXen. I think it's even only specific 3100 models. And the problem is just that the boot rom uses a more restricted disk block addressing, limiting the booting to disks of less than 1G. (Actually, you can boot from larger disks as well, as long as the boot rom don't need to read from anything above 1G.)

Well, I'm in shopping mode now. Any suggestion for a reliable EU shop to get these kind of drives at a reasonable hobbyist price? I have done a quick google work and I have found http://www.scsishop.co.uk which seems to be pretty decent price-wise. Amazon also lists some american sellers, but the shipping costs are bigger than the drive prices :). And ebay is... well, ebay.

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES