[HECnet] DECnet Phase-III anywhere?

Brett Bump bbump at rsts.org
Thu Feb 7 08:22:09 PST 2013

On 2013-02-07 04:10, Bob Armstrong wrote:
  I have a need to set up a PDP-11 running DECnet Phase-III, preferably
under RSX11M although I?d take RSTS in a pinch.   Not RT-11.     Have any
of the install tapes or manuals been archived online?   Could anybody
give me a hint or pointer?

  I?m not even sure exactly which version of RSX I?m looking for.   I
think Phase-III was first released around 1980-81, but I?m not even sure
of that.

Ugh! That would mean at least RSX-11M V3 (or M+ V2), and perhaps even going even one more version. I don't have anything that old around myself.

I don't have any copies myself, but RSTS V7 or thereabouts would be Phase III.

	paul

There are copies of RSTS 7.0 and 7.2 on the www.rsts.org site, however in
order to run this, I think you need the DecNET Phase III install tapes
(Paul could address this better than myself).   RSTS V8 I think would be a
better choice as I think Phase IV started in V9.

Brett