[HECnet] Joining HECNET

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jan 31 06:02:05 PST 2013

Hi, Wolfgang.

On 2013-01-30 06:30, Wolfgang Eichberger wrote:
Hi All,

I requested access to HECNET some moons ago. Due to family Business
and heavy Workload in my Day-Job I had to pause this project for a
while.

Now as things settled I am back with my SimH/Vax (running 24/7 on a
raspberry pi) and my Alpha (an Alphastation 255 I newly aquired).
There are Decstations in Storage too (these odd MIPS Boxes) - maybe
one of these could be connected too - provided there's DECNet Support
in Ultrix.

There is. You just need to find the distribution.

What I'm asking for are three Node-Numbers (I don't need a whole area
- NodeNames would be MINE, EMMA and JACK) and a bit of advice with
Multinet. I have only a Dynamic IP uplink and am absolutely
unexperienced with Multinet.

You need to figure out who to connect to first, then we can fix the node numbers. I have a terribly short memory. Who was it that could handle Multinet with dynamic IP? Steve?
Care to help out? Also, Wolfgang, do you want to set a level 1 router, or do you just epxect all your machines to be endnodes, and have each on have their own link?

Best Regards,
  Wolfgang

PS: This may be double posted. First submission was from a wrong email adress.

That would have been caught by filters and never showed up.