[HECnet] Cisco Tunnel Project

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jan 31 11:49:21 PST 2013

On 1/31/2013 1:28 PM, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:
I have a fixed IP and therefore my connection is very static. Unfortunately, my connection is only 1Mbit/s outwards. I'll check if it would be possible to upgrade it.

DECnet happily existed on MUCH slower links, so I wouldn't expect the normal inter-router traffic to be too terribly high.

Setup SNMP and watch the activity on your interfaces and see how bad it is. I might do that here as well. I'm as good test bed as I've got no nodes online currently, just the router so I get to see just inter-router traffic right now.

-brian