[HECnet] Cisco Tunnel Project

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jan 31 11:47:25 PST 2013

On 1/31/2013 1:16 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either.
Nor am I.   I'm annoyed with how limited KRON is   I expected it to be as [powerful as the rest of IOS.

kron is a bit of a hack. It's amazing it works as well as it does. :)

>Here's what I'll do.   I'll do dns lookups once a $insertFrequencyHere and if an IP changes I'll send out new configs.
Probably better than my "ping it and if it doesn't respond, update DNS" idea.

The nice idea about your way was things would just "fix themselves" instead of requiring manual intervention, but oh well. :)

I'll probably get back to the automation of jamming configs into ciscos, so it may be less manual. I'm not 100% sure yet though, we'll see.

-brian