[HECnet] Mail gateways?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Jan 30 04:55:53 PST 2013

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

On 30 Jan 2013, at 11:25, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 30/01/2013 05:45, Sampsa Laine wrote: >> On 30 Jan 2013, at 06:23,
Ian McLaughlin wrote: >> >>> Chimpy.   Sorry for the autocorrect on your
name below - just noticed :) >>> >> Oh cool, glad to know someone finds
it useful. >> >> sampsa >> >> >> > I probably mumbled at one time about
setting up a gateway via the 'hecnet.eu' domain - alas I don't have the
technical skills to do this, but there is a 24/7 VAX SIMH instance
running behind that domain that could easily be used to run a gateway. >
Regards, Mark.

The subdomain -> machine mapping would be cool, maybe some other MTA
like PMDF (or whatever it's called) oculd handle it?

Back when I worked in one of my Uncle Sam's DoD research labs, all email
was handled on the VMS cluster and distributed to other mail servers and
clients in the labs.   PMDF was the engine used there for this task.   If
you don't anticipate HUGE volume of email, even MX could do this and MX
is freeware.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG