[HECnet] Tape drive explosion

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Fri Jan 25 22:29:07 PST 2013

Does anyone have the document EK-TZ875-OM in their digital collections anywhere?   I am unable to find it anywhere, and I'm trying to decypher the front panel controls for this device.   I can read and write DLTIII tapes without a problem.   Reading TK50 tapes seems to work, but I'm getting random garbage.   There appears to be a method to override the density on the front panel, but I can't quite figure it out.

There's a manual for the TZ877 around, but the front panel is completely different.

Ian