[HECnet] Tape drive explosion

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Fri Jan 25 20:51:25 PST 2013

Digging around in my junk tonight, I come across a DEC TZ875-TA 5-slot tape changer.   Some googling shows it can *read* TK50 tapes!

I'm playing around with it on a Linux box using native DLT IIIXT tapes on it to make sure it's operating correctly, then I'll give it a try reading a TK50.   I hope it works!

Ian