Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jan 21 12:01:42 PST 2013

On 01/21/2013 09:41 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
Google MacPorts and PuTTY.   You'll have to build it.   I did it back when
I was still running 10.4.something on the Mac as an academic exercise.
I don't really use it on Linux either.

  PuTTY has been ported to Linux too?   WTF?   WHY?!

I'm more content with an xterm
and typing 'ssh ...'.   To me, the command line is so much easier than a
GUI for something this simple.   It's also easier when setting up various
port ssh-tunnels, IMNSHO.

  Yes.

I only mentioned PuTTY because I know the WEENDOZE camp is command line
challeneged.

  That's one way to put it. ;)