Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Jan 22 06:08:56 PST 2013

On 2013-01-22 14:57, Mark Benson wrote:
On 22 Jan 2013, at 10:56, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons <jg at jordi.guillaumes.name> wrote:

El 22/01/2013, a les 11:43, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> va escriure:

Also, how does iTerm2 in in Mac OS X come out?

I'm installing it from ports now...

I didn't have to do that, it's available as an OS X app here:

www.iterm2.com

AFAIK iTerm2.app implements tmux in a window managed, tabbed form, so whatever it does iTerm likely does.

And I can report that iTerm2 also identifies itself as a straight VT100, although it is not. It also do not tell that it understands colors, although it do.
Furthermore it does not clear the screen on DECCOLM.

More or less the same issues as with Terminal.app in other words. Not something I'd recommend to use. And I have not even started really testing that thing.

By the way... how do you configure putty to be identified as a vt200 from VMS? All I get is VT102...

I tried setting it in the Terminal -> Answerback to ^E option and it doesn't work here. That said I was going SSH => Telnet => sinh mux emulation => OpenVMS - that might have broken it ;)

Answerback is something totally different and unrelated.
I'll check this up tonight when I'm back home.