[HECnet] My newest toy

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sun Jan 13 14:23:34 PST 2013

Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> writes:

On 13 Jan 2013, at 21:09, Fred wrote:

Also, to save me from starting another thread, was wondering if anyone
= had a 50-pin internal SCSI CDROM that's capable of booting OpenVMS.
The = old one I have in my other Alpha (the 255/233) seems to get upset
when I = put the caddy in and immediately eject it, disc or not.   Would
pay = reasonable amount plus shipping to 44870.

Hunt down a Pioneer SCSI DVD-303 aka HP A5220A. I've used one to boot a
= VAX (as well as a bazillion other things), I presume they work on
Alphas = too. There's a few on eBay.

As long as it can be jumpers to present 512byte sectors instead of 2048
by sectors, it should work.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG