[HECnet] My newest toy

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sat Jan 12 13:30:35 PST 2013

Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> writes:

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote: >
Hello! > > I'm working on getting this online and working right now: >
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/vJZ5Y3ZWJMk/UPHKr_esrNI/AAAAAAAAA4Y/R0h_OGytmwk/s640/photo.JPG
AlphaServer ES40: Dual 667MHz, 4G RAM, 18G 5.25" IBM SCSI drive I
had laying around that I don't have a caddy for so it's just staying in
by sheer dumb luck. (I have a second but it seems to be dead..) > > Node
name is MISSY (9.3) (It's already in the node DB). > > Accounts
available upon request. Running OpenVMS 8.4 (Not set up as a galaxy)

Hello! Sounds like fun. A lot of fun. However your Google Content entry
does not exist. I am of course familiar with the box in question having

OK.   So it's not just me.

seen one, or two, at a meeting for the local DEC (Then Compaq) users
groups.

FYI, I have 2 ES40s @833MHz with 32GB each and 2 DS20Es.   Having quad CPUs
that I can use in a minimal Galaxy config is great for testing the things
I do.   I have a 3rd ES40 for spare.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG