[HECnet] Sample DCL code for simple client-server task-to-task comms

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Jan 17 06:13:35 PST 2013

sampsa at mac.com writes:

On 17 Jan 2013, at 16:02, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 17 Jan 2013, at 08:50, sampsa at mac.com wrote: > >> Strangely enough,
the procedures were working fine for almost the whole day but now I am
getting nothing - no errors, just no connections. >> >> What could cause
this? > > Did the target node crash? ;) > -

Not per se but the DECNET stack got into a pretty bad state - had to
reboot.

I've never had to reboot a VMS box for anything DECnet related.

DECNET boxes seem pretty easy to DOS...

Poor application programming is not the fault of the system it runs on! ;)

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG