[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jan 17 12:40:25 PST 2013

On 1/17/2013 2:47 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
It's not.   Companies other than HP made Itanium2 machines, you know.

Like Dell. I'm still not sure why they make them and who, if anyone, buys them.

Hell, I'm not even sure what people run on them if they don't run VMS/HP-UX. :)

I'll echo the "issues with linux on IA64" thing here. Now, granted this was many, many years ago, but I had issues with stuff segfaulting under RedHat on that Itanium box at Eric's place. Never did figure out why it did that.

-brian