[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 17 12:39:13 PST 2013

On 01/17/2013 03:12 PM, Mark Benson wrote:
I use 8GB. In my Integrity box the RAM is banked per CPU, so I have
4GB per socket. I don't know if yours is the same?

  I don't recall; it's been awhile since I've been inside that machine.

Yeah, I lost interest when Oracle slammed the door, but if
OpenIndiana looks promising on SPARC there may be hop for my Ultra 60
yet :)

  It does look promising.   The guy working on SPARC support has run it
on an astonishing array of systems.   His last release was a LiveDVD,
because he hadn't finished the installer yet.   He was supposed to have
finished that recently but hasn't; it's evidently taking longer than he
expected.

  I couldn't really "lose interest" on this end; Solaris does
*everything* around here, whether I'm interested or not, and whether
Oracle is sleazy or not.