[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 17 09:34:30 PST 2013

On 01/17/2013 12:21 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I do need to devise a better way to keep the hard drives plugged in
though...currently have them propped up with screwdrivers...need
something to support the full-height drives that predate the ES40.
;)

Predate it by like a *decade*.

I know right?   I'm amazed they still work!

  Ahh, young'ns. ;) You're accustomed to brand-new drives dying in a
year or two.   That's a relatively recent thing, designed to drive sales
figures.   Nowadays society is well-trained, due to its short memory, to
happily accept that a one-year-old hard drive is "old", a five-year-old
car is "old", etc etc.   It's bullshit.

We need to find you some recent drives somewhere.

Yeah   but will you be able to find 2 18G ones? ;)

  Maybe.   You can ask around a bit too, you know. ;)   Try the sunhelp
list as I suggested awhile back.