[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 17 09:36:41 PST 2013

On 01/17/2013 12:34 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Well I'm not running that anywhere, so I can't help you with that, I'm
sorry.   My one Itanium2-based system will not (or so I'm told) run VMS.

What does your Itanium2 run, then?

  Not a damn thing. ;)   It hasn't been powered on in about two years.   I
installed Linux on it, but it was slower than pissing tar.   And this is
a quad Itanium2 with like 6GB of RAM at some ungodly high clock speed!
I patted my UltraSPARCs (which run at HALF that clock rate)
affectionately on that day.