[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 17 09:28:35 PST 2013

On 01/17/2013 03:01 AM, Mark Benson wrote:
Yes, that's SIMH running *on* VMS.

Binaries are here, currently only for VAX, still working on alpha,
feel free to download:

ebola::disk$user:[decnet.simh.vax]

Note that there's no network support.   Network support works on
Alpha, but not VAX.   Not sure why.

I just shut down an instance of RSTS/E v10.1 under SIMH on my VAX
7700.   I'm currently booting VMS 7.3. =)

I could use these for Integrity, just... well because ;)

  Well I'm not running that anywhere, so I can't help you with that, I'm
sorry.   My one Itanium2-based system will not (or so I'm told) run VMS.

If someone can get me a compiler kit for Integrity and 'how the ****'
instructions I can do it on my zx6000 but I've never compiled
anything under VMS. First time for everything I guess :)

  If you can get the compilers installed and give me an account, I'd be
happy to build it there.