[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Jan 17 09:21:19 PST 2013

On 17 Jan 2013, at 12:19, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 01/17/2013 12:51 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
It's a zippy little box, but it's not even in the same league
as an ES40. ;)

How much heat does it output though? :p

It only feels like a *small* hair dryer. ;)   I don't even think
too much about running little 1U machines, though.   You'll
understand when you come to visit.

Yup.   From the pictures I've seen, you've got quite a few racks. ;)

Speaking of 1Us, I have a 1U sitting on top of your ES40.   Quite a
size difference! ;)

Who said "size doesn't matter.." ;)

;)

You're gonna love the es40 sitting in the living room waiting
patiently for you in the winter. ;! She'll definitely keep a
room warm. You get the one with two drive cages, too. Plus!
FibreChannel cards!

Schweet!

When you come to pick her up and do the trade, you can pick if you
want any of the PCI cards from my ES40. Several of them I will never
use. ;)

Ahh, thanks.   I likely won't need any, but I will keep it in mind.

Okay.

I do need to devise a better way to keep the hard drives plugged in
though...currently have them propped up with screwdrivers...need
something to support the full-height drives that predate the ES40.
;)

Predate it by like a *decade*.

I know right?   I'm amazed they still work!

We need to find you some recent drives somewhere.

Yeah   but will you be able to find 2 18G ones? ;)

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!
http://gimme-sympathy.org/ My permanently-a-work-in-progress pet project.