[HECnet] Benchmarks - WHETSTONE.C

Wed Jan 16 14:30:36 PST 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 10:22 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM,   <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:

Focal, Coral, Jovial (gag), Mumps.   Then from the outside world: Algol-60, Algol-68,...

Hello!
What's wrong with Jovial? We've built a great air traffic control
system around it. Too bad the hardware is old enough to vote.

The designer clearly demonstrated that he has few brain cells and none of them contain any knowledge about structured programming languages or for that matter any of the design principles that make Algol-60 what it is.

I don't remember enough of the details, but that much was immediately obvious by inspection, and my conclusion was that I know all I need to know and I will never look for more.

	paul