[HECnet] Benchmarks - WHETSTONE.C

Wed Jan 16 14:28:13 PST 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 9:09 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 15/01/2013, a les 17:56, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> va escriure:

That it would... Anyone have GCC setup to generate something that can be linked under RSX?

Can't do that. But I'd bet it can generate code that can be linked under BSD2.11

(BTW the bug I found in the PDP-11 gas assembler is still there)

BSD support was removed from GCC, but I would think it could be put back.

Generating code that can link under RSX probably amounts to writing a libc for RSX, then (for now) tweaking the generated assembly code and assembling/linking under RSX.   I haven't tried that, but I was planning to do that with RSTS (I'm hoping to use an existing DECNA driver written in C as the basis for one for RSTS).

I have a "bare metal simh" hacked up newlib, just good enough to run the execution tests of the GCC test suite.

Right now the main issue seems to be that some floating point code kills the compiler.   I've tried for a long time to get it to deal correctly with ac4/ac5 which can't directly load/store to memory, and haven't succeeded yet.   It's supposed to be possible.   I may end up disabling those two registers for now.

	paul