[HECnet] SNA gateway?

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Mon Jan 14 16:58:37 PST 2013

On 15 Jan 2013, at 02:51, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 14 Jan 2013, at 19:50, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

There's actually a piece of software you run on MVS that exports the datasets as RMS files.

Can more than MVS be used? I think we should spin up some VM/370 instances   will hercules run on VMS?

I think the export software is MVS only. I've no idea if Hercules will run on VMS..

The SNA networking is handled (I believe) by the SNA layered product on VMS.

Ahhhhh.   Happen to have a copy?

I actually do, on RHESUS::[.medialib.AXP.SPL.DISK3.SNADTFS033] (well I think this is the kit)

There's also a SNA-3270 package in there, I think that lets you log in to the MVS system from VMS..