[HECnet] SCSISE adapter -> listings

Erik Olofsen e.olofsen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 14 10:29:01 PST 2013

With Google I found:

https://mail.encompasserve.org/anon/htnotes/note?f1=VMS&f2=2314.0

Erik

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 05:54:54PM +0000, lee.gleason at comcast.net wrote:

I get:

$ patch monitor.exe

PATCH Version 5-05 20-June-1991

%PATCH-I-NOLCL, image does not contain local symbols
%PATCH-I-NOGBL, some or all global symbols not accessible
PATCH>exam 4158+33e
00004496: 00000000

Erik

The addresses of the structures changed for each version or so of VMS...you'd need to locate them with the fiche, or reading a dump of the image, or , for older versions of VMS, just using the Google to find one for your version. I enclosed that one just as an example of what gets patched.

Lessee....I also recall that MON ETHERNET required PHY_IO privilege, and needed a logical name NI$DEVICE set to be your network adapter's name to work.

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
lee.gleason at comcast.net