[HECnet] Ugh

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue Jan 15 09:40:37 PST 2013

On 1/15/2013 12:21 PM, G. wrote:

Never been a := or :== fan, I've always used = or == with double quotes, but
it should work the same both ways.

e.g. FOO == "BAR" instead of FOO :== BAR (that extends to end of line).

I'm just following the directions in the vim docs. :)

But it isn't working.
First of all I would check that everything is in place:

$ SHO LOG VIM

$ SHO LOG VIM
%SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name VIM

$ SHO LOG TMP

$ SHO LOG TMP
%SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name TMP

$ SHO SYM VIM   (with and without /GLOBAL)

$ SHO SYM VIM
%DCL-W-UNDSYM, undefined symbol - check validity and spelling
$ sho sym/glo vim
%DCL-W-UNDSYM, undefined symbol - check validity and spelling

Obviously things aren't getting setup correctly. I wonder if I put it all in the correct spots.

-brian