[HECnet] Woo!

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue Jan 15 09:42:39 PST 2013

On 1/15/2013 12:39 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On 15 Jan 2013, at 12:37, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

On 1/15/2013 12:15 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Sure you don't want to play with an account on my Alpha?;)
Yeah, I might just take you up on that at some point, but for now I'd really like to get something that I can haul around with me on my laptop.
Let me know.   The box is going to stay on for awhile. ;)

If you set me something up I wouldn't complain. I'll need ssh/scp, vim (although that's optional) and python. :)

What's the host NIC?
I'm noe of using VMware's "host only" network adapters which I believe is just a loopback adapter.

I'm tempted to spin up a loopback adapter for this, however, just to be sure.
Probably best.   I didn't notice any reliability issues attaching it to a physical interface on my system.

You know what? I take that all back. I'm already using a loopback for IP connectivity. Forgot about that.

Bah.

-brian