WXP (was RE: [HECnet] Mapping - getting close)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jan 12 09:53:40 PST 2013

On 2013-01-12 17:32, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Johnny Billquist wrote:
Take WXP for example...

    What is the story with WXP ???   It responds to NCP SHOW EXEC CHAR with a
privilege violation error.   That's a bit odd...

Not really.
Any DECnet node that don't have a default account set up, don't allow random access through proxy, and which don't allow connections to objects without authorization will do the same. I can easily cause RSX to give the same error to you.

Anyway, WXP is my Windows machine, and since giving access to NICE also implies giving access to FAL, and since Windows is so utterly stupid that this means access to all of the disk, I'm not going to let random people get access to WXP. But I play with it myself...