[HECnet] SNMP MIBs and smidump

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jan 10 13:59:18 PST 2013

Anyone ever mess with this?

wonko at fred$ smidump -f python OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:15: failed to locate MIB module `RFC-1212'
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:17: failed to locate MIB module `RFC1213-MIB'
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:19: failed to locate MIB module `CISCO-SMI'
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:21: unknown object identifier label `temporary'
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:283: index element `dnArea' of row `dnAreaTableEntry' must have a range restriction
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:443: index element `dnHIdx1' of row `dnHostTableEntry' must have a range restriction
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:451: index element `dnHIdx2' of row `dnHostTableEntry' must have a range restriction
OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my:476: unknown object identifier label `ifIndex'
smidump: module `OLD-CISCO-DECNET-MIB.my' contains errors, expect flawed output
smidump: aborting due to severe parsing errors
smidump: use the -k option to force continuation
wonko at fred$

I need to do that so I can convert it into whatever nonsense PySNMP needs.

-brian