[HECnet] Issues With Virtual Cisco Tunnels and HECnet

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Fri Jan 11 06:17:58 PST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Cory Smelosky
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 09:09
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Cc: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Issues With Virtual Cisco Tunnels and HECnet

On 11 Jan 2013, at 08:17, Fred <fcoffey at misernet.net> wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:

I was more wondering why the roundtrip time to 33.15 was
more-or-less
double what it was to a system around the world. ;)

*pops head up* Hey, that's me!

I'm on the local cable co, which usually gives good ping times.

Could have been doing transfers at that time perhaps?

Could be related to me -> Dave -> his other link -> Steve -> you. ;)

We need trace route for DECnet?

I can ping around (don't have a Cisco though) if someone
would like ...

Fred

This may not be a case of anything we are doing.   In the last week or so
we have found (at one of the places I work) that the Internet is
experiencing high than usual delays.   We were looking at it yesterday
and over the course of the day performance did improve, but early on it
was pathetic!

-Steve