[HECnet] HECnet performance....

Saku Set l setala at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 03:26:34 PST 2013

Hi Peter,

thanks for your offer, but currently I'm using the GSR as a pedestal for my AlphaServer DS20, so there
is no need for the PSU.

I'll check out the AGS+ next time I'll visit my "lab".

I think there are also some Cisco 1003's lying around, what would be the right ios version to run for decnet?

--Saku

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Peter Lothberg <roll at stupi.se> wrote:
> It's 12008.

I can find you a AC PS.

> I'm not seriously considering running it just for my vaxen :)

Humm, negative waves.. But seriously there is no IOS that speaks
DECnet on the GSR. (In theory E0 cards can do it, but OC3 pos and OC12
POS are the only interfaces..)

> I do have one AGS+, I wonder if it has decnet..

It has DECnet. But maybe only switched by the RP (csc) say 1.5Mbit/s.

> I'm in Espoo, Finland. We did meet once in the Funet/Nordunet conference at
> the Technical University in Otaniemi, Espoo.

That's to many years ago for me to remember -:)

-P