[HECnet] HECnet performance....

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Wed Jan 9 05:06:33 PST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Peter Lothberg
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 09:00
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Cc: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] HECnet performance....

On 01/08/2013 05:38 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
Set up a (cisco) tunnel to 130.238.19.60 (and tell me
your side IP
address).

I think it's time to come up with something a little
better to track
all these.

Thoughts?

  A subdomain under some related domain (perhaps
<sub>.hecnet.update.uu.se?) with the tunnel endpoints as A records?
                          -Dave

We are not limited to route DECnet packets, we could turn on
IP on the tunnels, and CLNP/Phase5..

--P

We already some of this in place.   At this end <user>@<node>.hecnet.org
exists for some machines.   Others look more like
<user>@<node>.enet.hecnet.org.   I have not had time to play much with
this lately so I do not remember which ones are in place.   The main
difference between the two is the path it takes once entering this site
and the fact that I have not yet committed to supporting the traffic.   I
can barely manage my own schedule at this point.   :-)

-Steve