[HECnet] HECnet performance....

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Wed Jan 9 05:01:23 PST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Peter Lothberg
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 08:49
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Cc: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] HECnet performance....

Peter,

Everything is now set up on my end.   I now have 3 Cisco
tunnels.   The
= metric is 10 on all of them.

Change the metrics to match my side:

Tunnel2	    Cost 10
tunnel to 192.108.200.213 Cost 20
tunnel to 199.0.131.2 Cost 20

The majority of areas now route through you according to my router:

Given that we have no way of setting metrics on the "bridged ethernet"
links, this is the best we can do that works in the general case.

I'm now trying to get the Multinet links to
192.108.200.211 59.58 (STUPI) cleaned up and re_established,
right now only the link to Legato is working properly. SG1
had cost 1 on their side instead of 10.

I should add that if SG1:: and LEGATO:: need to pass information,   the
circuit costs favor the Multinet Tunnel links between the two major US
hubs.   I would rather the Multinet Tunnel be used instead of using the
bridge link to Sweden and then back again.

-Steve

Anyone else who want a cisco or Multinet HECnet tunnel set up?

-P