[HECnet] HECnet performance....

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Wed Jan 9 11:57:05 PST 2013

True.   DECnet is a private network technology, so the assumption is that it=
can rely on correct management of the routers.   And MTU size is one of the=
things assumed to be done right.   DEC's network for a long time used 576 a=
s its MTU; I would assume even a 2020 can be set that way, how else could s=
uch a node have existed on the DEC Easynet?
	paul

2020 can only do three hundred something, my memory fails on the exact
number. Maybe it ended up being 376.

It's not a problem as long as it's END NODE, decnet will negotiate the
smaller numer. The doc said that it only suports ONE serial
interface....

--P