[HECnet] _PROVISIONAL_ map of HECnet, courtesy largely of Brian H.

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Mon Jan 7 21:53:37 PST 2013

The problem with ssh is it's "out of band" as far as hecnet is concerned. It would be nice if the discovery was purely decnet.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-01-07, at 9:25 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 01/07/2013 09:57 PM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
The "SHOW DECNET NEIGHBOR" and "SHOW DECNET ROUTE" commands are both
non-priviledged.   Perhaps we could allow a 'trusted' network mapping
daemon the ability to get a remote console on the Cisco and execute
and parse these commands?

I think all of us with Ciscos are running new enough firmware to
support SSH.   We could set up public keys for the automated data
retrieval.   That would be easy and relatively secure.

---
Filter service subscribers can train this email as spam or not-spam here:     http://my.email-as.net/spamham/cgi-bin/learn.pl?messageid=E03B65D4595311E28A4BA96E93ED0201