[HECnet] _PROVISIONAL_ map of HECnet, courtesy largely of Brian H.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jan 7 21:25:19 PST 2013

On 01/07/2013 09:57 PM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
The "SHOW DECNET NEIGHBOR" and "SHOW DECNET ROUTE" commands are both
non-priviledged.   Perhaps we could allow a 'trusted' network mapping
daemon the ability to get a remote console on the Cisco and execute
and parse these commands?

  I think all of us with Ciscos are running new enough firmware to
support SSH.   We could set up public keys for the automated data
retrieval.   That would be easy and relatively secure.