[HECnet] Re: VMS sources

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Jan 8 13:16:42 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <system at tmesis.com> wrote:
The "listing" portion is far more valuable than the source
itself.

Amen - although I might say - "was often   more valuable"   -- if you had a bug needed to fix it fast, the key you could (which is the cry of the FOSS movement).    You did not have to wait for the vendor.

But more often than note, the reason you wanted to see the source was to understand a behavior what was happening that did not make sense.   Sometimes, you might find a bug, but more often than not, I might find a way to do what i wanted to do with what I had in hand,